Monday, February 27, 2006

Design for Change - Idea 2

So, I spent a few hours trying to decide what to do now. I had a chat with my dad last night and he reminded me of a project that he is currently developing at a school in Dublin. It's an educational concept called "One to One". The idea behind this concept is that every student has their own computer, a laptop for example that works on the campus using wireless networking and is sync'd to the main college network. The students can also use this computer away from he campus. For information check out 1 to 1 section on Apple's website:

1 to 1 learning

I propose to design a lightweight, compactable and durable substitute for a laptop in which students can use this concept of 1 to 1. As a reference for requirements, I shall use my dad’s site in Dublin.

Here is a list of things that i am going to investigate:

- Flexible LCD screens
- Micro technology
- Newton technology
- Touch screen and multi sensor technology
- flat keyboards
- fabric keyboards
- wireless technology
- types of litium batteries

From this i hope to create a prototype to show what im waffling on about!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home