Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Is there anything out there that I could relate to, maybe use as a model?

Taking a breather from looking at intense networking tools I decided to have a look at 3D computer games, which in their own right, have become so complex and advanced, are a perfect candidate for assessing usability of 3D interfaces. An application I came across is a computer game called “The Sims”. This is a 3D virtual simulation of people and their lives in which you can navigate around and control elements in the virtual environment. The A.I. within the game monitors the status of the Sims and alerts you on screen with feedback on how they are getting on and if there are any problems. Sound familiar?!

I personally like the concept behind the Sims, although it doesn’t prove to be a fantastically captivating game. However, I’m not trying to make a game, I want to make a business tool, although it would be interesting to include some novelties into the interface to give a more humane user experience. I have just decided, that it would be wise to use the Sims as a model to base my network management interface on. I think there are a few key elements I can translate into my project… Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home